Arranging The Best Possible Child Custody And Guardianship Structures

Some of the most sensitive issues that couples face during separation are those involving care of their children. Where will the children live? Who will have authority to make decisions on their behalf? How much time will they spend with each parent?

The lawyers at Smyth Hoover Sandhu have decades of combined experience helping parents in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, to work through these important decisions.

Solutions That Protect The Best Interests Of Your Children

When emotions run high, it can be challenging to evaluate matters objectively. Our lawyers are sensitive to the difficulty of your situation and the conflict you may face with your ex-spouse. We can guide you through this stressful time of life and help you and your children make it through successfully.

The family justice system has one primary objective where children are concerned: to protect their welfare and best interests. The key to reducing conflict and arriving at a workable arrangement for your children is to align your claim with this principle.

Our lawyers stay on the cutting edge of family law and can provide the information you need to make well-contemplated decisions and to pursue a positive, realistic outcome. Whether you were in a married or common-law relationship, we can help you evaluate and decide on such issues as:

  • Joint, sole or split child custody
  • Access
  • Parenting time
  • Guardianship
  • Contact with grandparents, relatives or other important individuals
  • Step-parent rights and responsibilities
  • Parental relocation or mobility

Book A Free 30-Minute Consultation With A Lawyer

Our lawyers will take the time to listen to your needs, answer your questions and inform you on your options. We are one of the few firms to offer an initial consultation at no charge, we are confident that you will find in us a reliable source of legal advice and support. To request an appointment, call our Port Moody office at 604-942-6560 or contact us by email.